To Be "Shabby Chic", Or Not To Be "Shabby Chic"?

I'm obsessed...

...I think...

...with Design Star

But I was a bit confused by a room on this week's episode.
The contestants were commissioned to remodel guest rooms at a Jersey Shore B&B. One of the teams' concepts was confusing and got me thinking about what "shabby chic" means according to my interpretation.

Here are some photos that I found on HGTV's website:

The contestants making a plan for "shabby chic"
The before:
The after:
And this is more what I was expecting from "shabby chic":



So what do you think? While the room was good, it just wasn't what I was expecting. My interpretation is different. I'd love to hear comments and see photos of your interpretation of "shabby chic"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts???