Resolutions...Take 2!

My goodness how time flies! It's already January 17, 2012 and we are more than TWO WEEKS in to the new year!!! How's everyone doing on those resolutions? Eh? So-so? Been better? GREAT? 
One thing I love about the new year is that it's a time to reinvent yourself. We make resolutions and try sticking to them in an effort to make ourselves better people. I don't mean in a "changing your entire being because you were a downer last year and hate yourself" kind of way, but a "I'm already a confident person who might have had a crummy end to last year so what am I gonna do about it" kind of way. It's taken me a while to figure out what I want to improve upon last year, because 2011 was a BIG year...HUGE even! SO MUCH stuff happened and I'm so thankful to be where I am today. But I figure it's still January, so why not make resolutions now...and anyway this way I might have an easier time sticking to them because they don't seem like set in stone resolutions because it's so late. Now they are basically goals that I'm voicing near the beginning of the year.

1) I really need to stop biting my nails! I have gone through times when I will leave them alone and I think I've stopped biting them but then I notice that one is longer than the others. I proceed to pick that one off in an effort to "even" it up with the others. That backfires because I always make it shorter than every other nail so I bite them all off and tell myself it will be different this time if they get to start over. That's laughable! So seriously...2012 is the year I stop biting my nails!


2) I really need a job! I have been looking for almost a year now with no steady job and very few real leads. I've contacted, followed up with, asked for any other leads, and recontacted firms too numerous to count! I know the jobs aren't always available but I gotta say it's growing discouraging. This wasn't intended to be a debbie downer kind of post so that is all I will say in my personal little pity party. 2012...I'm conquering a job and I'm going to be the best new hire any company could ask for!

3) I'm revitalizing my mark. business! mark. is a company that takes fashion and beauty trends and challenges young women to make their mark. It's an empowering brand with Ashley Greene, a powerhouse of a role model as their brand ambassador. If I, through the relaunch of my mark. eBoutique can expose just one person to the idea of making their mark on the world and changing the world for the better, then I think I've completed what I set out to. Here's the direct link to my mark eBoutique: http://mboice.mymarkstore.com/

4) I'm going to get serious about working out! I like yoga! I like feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after sweating and stretching! As a former dancer I have one outlet that gets my heart pumping and is fun and exciting. That's all well and good. What gets me though is the fact that I like dancing to work out, but I think running, jogging, lifting weights, swimming, etc. is just redundant and pointless. I HATE jogging...WITH A PASSION! I LOVE performing! But I don't have a way of doing that anymore. So I resolve to do yoga, pilates, and ballet barre to work out. I wish there was a Barre3 near me!

I think that's enough to share with the whole of the internet!
Hope you are all enjoying 2012 and making the absolute most of each and every minute God has given you!

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you lately that I love you?
    I can feel your positive energy and spirit through this post. You're still the best mess I ever made.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts???