Website Concerns..

Oh, the job hunt! I've been juggling creating my portfolio, finishing my capstone, working on final capstone and portfolio presentations, correcting previous projects (my goodness, I can hardly look at stuff I produced freshman and sophomore year!), family life, searching for a commercial internship, and searching for a full-time job. Everything is going well, and I'm thrilled to say I will soon be joining the team at ADG OKC! I fell in love with this architectural firm when I went in for my interview, and will be starting my internship with them in March!

I find that in the search for both the internship and the job I place judgment on a firm's website. It seems to me that an architectural firm should employ creative, professional people; people who can handle the professional world, but are creative enough to overcome design obstacles in a fun manner that creates a pleasing space for the public. Therefore, it seems creative people would leave their clients with a great first impression. With the world of technology becoming more and more prevalent in society, clients more than likely will visit websites either in search of architectural firms, or to get to know a company that has been recommended to them by others.

Anyway, it is a pet peeve of mine when I visit a website for an architectural firm and it either hasn't been updated in months (or even years, in some cases), or it looks like something I would have produced freshmen or sophomore year.

I won't post photos of these because I would HATE for someone to recognize their website and then discard my resume, though, I won't be applying to any of the firms who's websites turn me off or make me question their creativity and dedication to progressive thought and keeping up with the ever-changing trends in the design world.

Oh, and on a side note, don't use flash. If I have to download a program in order to view your website, I won't. I'll go to another site that is user-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts???