Portfolio Musings...

I finally have my portfolio up on this blog! This was quite a process, as the portfolio first needed to be complete. If I've learned one thing during the last four years, however, it's that your portfolio is NEVER "complete". Just as my life goes through different phases, so will my career and design philosophy. My portfolio will display each of these phases and because it will never be complete, it will be constantly developing and adapting to the situation in which I find myself.

This fact can be rather overwhelming at times because I am such a goal-oriented person. The knowledge that my portfolio will never be complete is a wonderful thought because it means that as I grow as a designer, artist, and person, my portfolio can grow along with me. Conversely, this fact scares me to death because I will never be able to cross off my portfolio on my list of many things to do. Already, I know that I need to update a couple of pages and change wording to be more appropriate for a professional environment.

As my life undergoes major transitions right now, I just hope I can keep up with the portfolio updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts???